As long as it's a clear night, I can see the stars pretty well on my walk back to my dorm. I don't know much about the stars, but I love picking out the simple constellations. The big and little dippers and Cassiopeia are the ones I most easily recognize, all of which are visible as I wander northward toward my room. I used to have to go through a process to find the north star--find the big dipper, find the two stars of the cup farthest from the handle, and draw a line diagonally up from there. Nowadays, I can spot it much more easily, especially when it's in between two of the buildings in my quad.
Picking out the north star is, in a way, comforting for me. I know exactly where I'm heading without looking at a map or using my natural surroundings as a guide since I know my way around campus. Even so, as I head toward "home" here at school, I find myself using the north star as my compass, leading me back.
Once I find it, it sort of says to me after a long day, welcome back.
Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. (Matthew 11:28 NLT)
No comments:
Post a Comment