Monday, May 14, 2012

Don't you know? You're beautiful.


I went to Saint's Cafe at St. Paul's Lutheran this evening, and a older man (who I believe was there with Community Based Services, a local organization that provides assisted living for people with special needs) at my table was staring at me as I was eating dinner.  In a soft voice, he said,
"you're beautiful."
I could just barely make out what he was saying (so I *think* that's what he said...).  Not knowing what else to say, I replied, "thank you!"

I wasn't dressed up or anything; just wearing a tshirt, capris, my Keens...I did have my hair down, but it was just plain and down.  We were all just there at Saint's Cafe, hanging out, eating dinner.

When he was finished eating, I had the pleasure of helping him get up from the table; he beamed. "Have a good evening," he told me.  "You too," I replied, knowing that because of him, my evening was going to be great.

It's the little reminders like this that I think we could all use.
No matter if you believe otherwise, no matter what people say or do that brings you down,
you ARE beautiful.
you ARE handsome.
you have value.
you have purpose.
you
are
loved.


No comments:

Post a Comment