Monday, July 15, 2013

Thankfuls: youth trip edition

Currently, six youth and four young adults (including myself) from All Peoples are on a trip to the Twin Cities in MN. 
I wouldn't necessarily call it a "mission trip," nor would I call it strictly a vacation. It is truly a trip of accompaniment ministry, walking alongside people in their lives, within our group, people we serve, and churches and youth groups we work and hang out with. 

That all being said, I have a lot of things to be thankful for today, enough that I wanted to share them here. 

1) Pastor Kacey. We had a wonderful, affirming conversation today, on top of the volunteering she organized at Global Health Ministries and afternoon activities with her youth. She is just plain awesome. 

2) the chaperones of this trip. We literally could not do this without each other. I am so blessed to be part of this team with three other wonderful individuals. They rock, and they keep me grounded. 

3) we get to sleep on REAL BEDS tonight! Don't get me wrong, I loved the hospitality of Redeemer and that we could stay there the last two nights, but mattresses are SO much better than hard floors. 

4) oatmeal. Just so y'all know, McDonald's oatmeal doesn't suck and is available all day. 

5) I didn't get sunburned, despite it being a very hot sunny day. Thank you Pastor Kacey for remembering the sunblock. 

6) great conversation with Jennifer. Really great. 

7) taking a shower when I didn't have to wait for other people and be sharing only one stall with the whole group. 

8) genuine and pure laughter from the youth. Warms my heart. 

9) exciting news on the job front. Formal announcement to come soon :)


Also, here's us playing Tetris with boxes of medical supplies, filling up pallets in the Global Health Ministries warehouse in Fridley, MN. 

No comments:

Post a Comment