Here's what I have to say about the hatred and unrest and
injustice in this world:
"This will be our reply to violence: to make music more intensely, more beautifully, more devotedly than ever before." [Leonard Bernstein]
And I'm not just referring to traditional music with
melodies and rhythms.
I'm talking music of and from the heart that comes in
many forms:
dialogue
action
thoughts
prayers
silence
physically and
literally standing together
any positive and peace-promoting means of
expression.
I don't care which side you're on.
The fact that there is so much unrest in our country over an shooting like this is just plain unacceptable.
The fact that there are shootings like this EVERY. DAY. in cities all across the country, regardless of which 'side' is doing the shooting, is unacceptable.
You don't have to agree with me on who's right and who's wrong,
or what the jury should have decided,
but I think we can agree
that no matter your age, ethnicity, gender identity, sexuality, socioeconomic
status, cultural background, educational level, or any other label you can
think of,
NO ONE deserves to live in a world like this.
It's time to come together to create positive change.
It's about compromise.
It's about recognizing the value of all humans.
It's about peace.
It's about loving your neighbor.
#Ferguson #FergusonDecision #HandsUpGunsDown #dontshoot #peace #soliDarius #DontreHamilton #MikeBrown


No comments:
Post a Comment