Here are some thankfuls for this lovely Thursday.
1) I used my magic wand with my 2nd grade classes today, and I let one class in on my secret that I'm actually a fairy princess. ;) The following mumbles ensued...and I internally beamed.
Look, she has a wand!
She's going to turn us into frogs!
Maybe she's a witch!
Is she evil?
No, she's too beautiful.
2) I have great co-workers who are a HUGE help when I run into struggles with classroom management.
3) My 5th graders finished a melodic dictation/experimentation project with boomwhackers, and it rocked.
4) I'm excited to create a "song wall" for my younger students and see how many songs we've actually learned in class this year.
5) It wasn't ridiculously freezing outside. In fact, for a little while this morning (before it snowed), it felt quite pleasant.
6) The mid-day snow didn't totally foul up my commute back to PdC. I didn't have any almost-accidents, and I wasn't even late for class!
7) My friend Jack made it to the Hollywood-level of American Idol! They didn't show his audition tonight, but he finally got to announce the good news, after months of having to keep it a secret.
8) Tomorrow is Friday already, even though it doesn't feel like it. With two "it's too cold for school" days this week, I'm totally thrown off.
9) This text that I got from a friend's daily scripture text ministry:
psalm 139:7-10 NIV
Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. If I rise on the wings of dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast.
No comments:
Post a Comment