Sunday, April 27, 2014

#100happydays

so it begins.

A number of my friends have been doing the #100happydays thing for a while now, and I'm going to jump on the bandwagon.

What is "100 happy days" you ask?
Allow me to explain.  
[all quotations come from the official 100 happy days website.]

The concept: 
"We live in times when super-busy schedules have become something to boast about. While the speed of life increases, there is less and less time to enjoy the moment that you are in. The ability to appreciate the moment, the environment and yourself in it, is the base for the bridge towards long term happiness of any human being."

The challenge:
"every day submit a picture of what made you happy!  It can be anything from a meet-up with a friend to a very tasty cake in the nearby coffee place, from a feeling of being at home after a hard day to a favor you did to a stranger.
#100happyday challenge is for you - not for anyone else. 
It is not a happiness competition or a showing off contest. If you try to please / make others jealous via your pictures - you lose without even starting. Same goes for cheating."

My motivation:
1) I'm almost done (woah!) with this year of teaching, but the last month or so is going to be jam packed and potentially quite crazy/stressful/ridiculous.  I have a feeling I'll need some reminders of why I love my job and why I teach.
2) Someone very important to me has moved away, so I think intentionally finding the happiness in day-to-day life will help me remain positive in the face of long distance.
3) As a young adult, my life is full of change and uncertainty.  In the midst of all this, I want to see that joy and positive things are constant, even when it's hard to tell.

Without further ado,
let the happiness begin.

[or rather, continue, but perhaps more well noticed.]


No comments:

Post a Comment