Thursday, July 23, 2015

roses

Have you ever taken a moment to look closely at a rose that's not in a vase or bouquet? 
I can't honestly say that I have, really. 
Till today, that is. 

In my recent travels, I happened upon Vander Veer Botanical Park in Davenport, Iowa. I decided it was a good day for a walk outside, as the weather wasn't disgustingly humid. Not only did I find an enchanted garden with a troll bridge, mermaid lagoon, picturesque fountain, and a wide variety of trees, I got the chance to explore a rose garden. 

As I pondered the flowers while strolling between bushes, 
I thought to myself,
Not only are these roses beautiful, God lovingly created each one. 
God knows every petal of each bloom. 
How incredible is that?!

You may believe what you like about how involved God is or is not when it comes to creation in the present day, but I so appreciate the careful handiwork of the Master Gardener that I was able to enjoy today.  




honey perfume - they smelled wonderful.




No comments:

Post a Comment