This week has been a bit rough.
I've felt overwhelmed, anxious, and downright infuriated multiple times in the past few days. I may appear to be largely okay from the outside (unless I'm venting about something, then it's obvious that I'm upset), but internally it can be really hard for me to calm down.
One coping strategy I have for moments like this
is to find music that matches my mood and soothes my heart.
I have a smattering of playlists for just such occasions.
Today, this playlist entitled "breathing" is working well.
Hold Each Other (A Great Big World ft. Futuristic)
Sing It All Away (Walk Off the Earth)
Worn (Tenth Avenue North)
Brave (Sarah Bareilles)
After the Storm (Mumford & Sons)
Try (Colbie Caillat)
Life Support (from the Broadway musical Rent)
I Can Just Be Me (Laura Story)
I Need You to Survive (Hezekiah Walker)
Busted Heart (For King & Country)
Shoulders (For King & Country)
Perhaps when you experience moments of worry, stress, or agitation,
music can provide an outlet for you to find peace again.
What do you listen to to soothe your heart?
What do you listen to to soothe your heart?
Music is what feelings sound like out loud. I sing songs that speak from my heart. They tell my story, how I feel. [Georgia Cates]
No comments:
Post a Comment