This morning, my 5th graders were really tired and worn out. Part of it was some super intense badminton they'd been playing right before my class, but part of it was merely the fact that today is Monday. Because of my teaching schedule, travel choices I've made, and the fact that I've been sick for about 2 of the last 3 months, I haven't taught on a Monday since...October. I'd kind of forgotten what normal working Monday's could feel like, and today wasn't exactly my favorite. Plenty of things went fine, but others definitely did not.
After finally getting home this evening, I was perusing social media when I came upon this Facebook post from teacher-blogger, "Love, Teach." It both acknowledged the bleakness of humanity on Mondays and encouraged her followers to look on the bright side - both of which I needed to hear.
Given my not-really-on-my-A-game kind of day, I thought coming up with some of my own "Today is Monday, but"s might be helpful. So, here it goes.
Today is Monday, but it's one day closer to spending the weekend with my favorite guy.
Today is Monday, but it's John Williams' birthday.
Today is Monday, but I only have one more pill left in my 2-week regimen of antibiotics! I'm (hypothetically) almost healthy again!
Today is Monday, but I found this awesome video of a harp arrangement of Bach's Toccata and Fugue in D minor (which is a piece I'm totally obsessed with, FYI).
Today is Monday, but I got to have some nice conversation with my friend/mentee over hot cocoa (for me) and mocha (for her). There was real whipped cream involved.
Today is Monday, but I discovered that both my mentee and I agree that the 3rd Harry Potter book is the best. Clearly we have great taste.
Today is Monday, but I didn't have to cook dinner because I had awesome chili leftovers from yesterday, complete with the other half of an avocado and tortilla chips which I almost never buy but I did because they were on sale for $0.99.
*catches breath after serious run-on sentence*
Today is Monday, but tomorrow is Fat Tuesday, and I've already decided I'm making pancakes.
Today is Monday, but I've been wearing a normal, non-dressy t-shirt under one of my favorite sweaters, so I've been covertly comfortable all day.
Today is Monday, but I encouraged multiple 4th graders to believe in themselves enough and focus enough to successfully pass recorder playing tests. I'm very proud of them.
Today is Monday, but I still have a voicemail of my boyfriend singing "The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything" so I can listen to it anytime I want. (P.S. I just did.)
Today is Monday, but tomorrow is a new day and another chance.
All right. I feel better now.
Your turn.
Today is Monday, but...
No comments:
Post a Comment