Wednesday, April 13, 2016

dreams and wishes

I wish...

I wish to
  • sustain a short-distance relationship, not a long-distance one
  • play in coffee shops and quaint locales, not bars
  • have gigs that go till 10 or 11pm, not 1 or 2am
  • be healthy, instead of racking up medical expenses
  • live in a community where I can go to organ concerts and theater productions and live shows on a regular basis
  • go out to eat without worrying about the cost
  • get more involved at my church instead of being non-committal, due to my job and other sources of income
  • be able to spend my time doing fun, voluntary, non-paying things
  • conquer my fear of playing keyboard instruments in public so I can accompany or play for church

now the trick is
turning these wishes
into
realities.

who said that every wish will be heard and answered
when wished on the morning star?
someday we'll find it...
the lovers, 
the dreamers, 
and me.


you may say I'm a dreamer, 
but I'm not the only one.


No comments:

Post a Comment