Friday, February 11, 2011

Searching

Sometimes, I don't really want to be a strong, independent woman.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind it at all. It's nice being able to fend for myself, make my own decisions, be strong, be who I am and who I want to be.

It's just that some days, I want to be more dependent.

I want to rely on someone else.
I long for someone to turn to when I've had enough of being strong for one day.
Someone who'll care for me, rather than me always having to take care of others or taking care of myself.
Someone to call me beautiful and lovely, and mean it, and it mean something to me.
Someone who can make me smile when even I can't find the slightest bit of positiveness in a situation.
Someone to whom I can return these favors with honesty and love.

Who am I looking for? 
A friend.
Multiple friends.
Perhaps someone more than a friend.
Maybe someone who's closer than I realize.
A woman's heart should be so lost in God that a man must seek Him to find her. 
[anonymous]


maybe it's Jesus.
then Jesus said, "Come to me, all who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest."
[Matthew 11:28]


but if it IS Jesus, how do I return the favor?
"Truly I tell you, whatever you did for the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me." 
[Matthew 25:40]

1 comment: