Saturday, December 1, 2012

discernment, v1

Figuring out what God wants you to do is REALLY difficult sometimes. A lot of times, actually.

So what do I do?
I ask for help.
from everyone.
anyone.
I do my 'research'.

"Here's what I'm thinking," I tell people,
but in my heart,
I wonder if that's truly what I am thinking.

If I don't use what I have worked so hard for, will I lose it?
If I follow my expected path, what regrets will I have?
What am I expected to do, by the world and those around me?
and does that actually matter?
What do I want to do with my life?
Where do I feel called?
What does GOD want me to do?


What makes you feel alive?

When you go home at night, what do you think about?

To me, community is overwhelmingly important.

What I believe is what I do.

Do what you love; love what you do.


"Fall in Love" attributed to Fr. Pedro Arrupe, SJ (1907-1991)
Nothing is more practical than
finding God, than
falling in Love
in a quite absolute, final way.
What you are in love with,
what seizes your imagination, will affect everything.
It will decide
what will get you out of bed in the morning,
what you do with your evenings,
how you spend your weekends,
what you read, whom you know,
what breaks your heart,
and what amazes you with joy and gratitude.
Fall in Love, stay in love,
and it will decide everything.

(from Finding God in All Things: A Marquette Prayer Book, c. 2009 Marquette University Press.)

1 comment:

  1. It can be so difficult to figure out what we are supposed to do with our lives...especially when you have so many callings! This is something I struggle with.

    Keep asking questions and utilizing the incredible gift of friends, family, and strangers (haha) to help you find your way :)

    <3 Kin

    ReplyDelete