Don't be afraid to experiment with life.
Sin boldly! (Martin Luther)
Don't let ritual and routine trap you in keeping you safe when God has even bigger plans.
Have faith, and dream big. Even when the future is uncertain.
Don't settle for crumbs when there's an abundance of loaves God is providing.
The angel of discomfort irritates the bland life of ritual and familiarity.
"It felt like a completely rude interruption from God...and it's like God reached down and plucked me up and went,
'that's adorable,
but I'm gonna put you over here.'
Now I know what that is; that's the Grace of God. At that point, I didn't have the language for it. All I knew was that it was a gift that was given to me, and I didn't earn it, and I just tried to live in response to that gift." (Nadia Bolz-Weber)
There's merit to thinking ahead to the future,
but don't box yourself in.
you can't put God in a box.
you can't put faith in a box.
and maybe,
just maybe,
you can't put your future in a box either.
No comments:
Post a Comment