The bible story for the day was from Acts 2, the Pentecost account with the disciples being visited by the Holy Spirit and being able to suddenly speak in different languages.
My cohort Jeff met the kids outside our classroom all worried because I was speaking this strange language and he couldn't understand me. They all came in while I was reading the Acts 2 passage, in fluent Ubbi Dubbi. A few of the older kids could almost understand what I was saying, since Ubbi Dubbi is based off the English language, but it was still really fun and confusing since I was talking so fast. Then from the back, Jeff turned on the floor fans that were pointed toward the ceiling, making the crete paper "flames" (strips of red, orange, and yellow) move, and all of a sudden I started speaking in English again! The story went on from there.
I also love Pentecost because it's an excuse to wear my favorite color - RED!
Wondering what Pentecost is all about? Check out one (or multiple) of these videos I found.
No comments:
Post a Comment