I have mixed feelings about rain.
Sometimes on rainy days, all I want to do is stay at home and curl up with a cup of tea, and cozy blanket, and an episode of Foyle's War.
Rain thwarted plans for the Kids Working to Succeed (KWTS) program the first two weeks of our spring session and made us get a little behind in our garden work.
Since I am currently car-less, if I need to go anywhere today (luckily I really only need to go the 4 blocks to the bank), I'm going to get wet.
On the up side of going out today, I get to gear up in my rainboots and umbrella, which I enjoy.
My dear friend Kaari went puddle jumping in a downpour at camp one summer, dressed in her swimsuit. Fond memories of that moment :)
The rain today will help the tree pollen to quit floating around so much, hopefully bringing relief to myself and other allergy sufferers.
Rain smells nice.
It tried to rain a little during KWTS this Wednesday. As soon as a few drops started falling, the kids were like, "OH MY GOSH IT'S RAINING LET'S GO INSIDE!" so I looked up at the sky, saw the scattered clouds, remembered the weather forecast (no major rain), and replied, "We're not going in unless it starts raining steadily. You won't melt," and we were fine.
When it does rain, we don't have to worry as much about garden watering.
Rainy days at camp always make life interesting. Sometimes the most frustration and the most creative activities come from days when it rains and/or storms.
Rain washes all the bird poop off my car, as it invariably gets decorated by it while parked under the big pine tree in our driveway.
It was rainy for a number of days when we were on tour in Europe. One of those was our day exploring in and around Prerov, Czech Rep. I was also suffering majorly from allergies, so I leaned myself up against a wall or pillar under a covered walkway and took a nap.

No comments:
Post a Comment