Thursday, June 13, 2013

Disney meets Myers-Briggs

I have taken the True Colors test umpteen times (probably only four, really) while working at Luther Park.  (I'm a rainbow that leans green, if that means anything to you.)  Sometimes it can be nice to decipher one's personality traits and see how they work within the world and with other people.  It can be a challenge with True Colors to not label oneself as only one particular color, since the test divides into categories and is not a sliding scale.  Myers-Briggs, on the other hand, is nice because it takes into account that we may be more or less of one area, existing within a range that can fluctuate and change.  I've only ever taken the Myers-Briggs personality test once, for a focus group as a part of Spiritual Life and Campus Ministry at Wartburg, but I enjoyed it.  Pastor Ramona also did an amazing job at explaining things and helping us process through our results.

It is my firm personal belief that making connections between new and old concepts can enhance comprehension.  This stands true with understanding personality traits.

Here's where Disney characters come in handy.

I found these pictures on the internet the other day.
Especially because I am less familiar with what all the Myers-Briggs letter combinations mean for each person, it makes a lot of sense to me to connect them with characters.
(though I'll be honest, I'm not super familiar with all the characters used either.)

Last time I took the test, I was ESFJ.  I'm Mary Poppins!





Who says personality identification can't be fun? :-)

1 comment:

  1. Can't be mad that I'm Simba. Sweet idea for a post!

    ReplyDelete