Saturday, June 1, 2013

sixteen hours

I've been up for about 16 hours now, most of which has been on my feet or on point. Some good things happened today, in spite of it all.

1) I got all over the greater Milwaukee area safe and sound in my not-so-trustworthy van. 

2) I got another chance to make beautiful music in worship this morning, and hear and AWESOME sermon. 

3) I made bread. This was messy and more work and on my feet time, but it's still satisfying to have made something, and something delicious at that. 

4) Our silent auction/spaghetti dinner went pretty well. God did work with what we had and who we had. Practically had a multiplying-bread moment like Jesus :) My coworkers and volunteers are simply rockstars. Unorthodox at times, and we all have our shortcomings, but together, things work. 
I was also thinking about how maybe we should've had some background music playing, but then I realized that we had a beautiful soundtrack of laughter and conversation to enjoy, and that was perfect. 

5) my mom is amazing. Life is always a little better after talking with mom. 

6) Kyle started his new job today! Tomorrow he gets installed at his church; I'll be there in spirit, cheering him on and grinning my face off. 

7) my dear friend Kayla sent me this picture from her camp in North Dakota, which just made my night:

How am I? 
I'm alive, therefore I'm okay, and I'm blessed, whether I can always see it or not. 

No comments:

Post a Comment