1) that the rental car associate was willing to drop me back at my house, even though its in the Tosa branch's pickup area. A little extra service goes a long way. If I need to rent a car in Milwaukee again, I'm DEFINITELY doing it from the downtown location.
2) when The Weather Channel app on my phone alerts me of the pollen levels for the day. This is a perfect example of turning a negative into a positive. I really don't like that there's high tree pollen today, but now I know the source of my headache and overall head and sinus pressure/congestion. Just knowing is kind of nice. (And now I know which measures to take in order to relieve such annoyances.)
3) finding a job to apply for that I actually feel like I have "enough" experience to do. For a semi-recent college grad who lately has been feeling unqualified for a lot of things, this is huge. Even if I don't get the job, it's still definitely helping my self esteem.
4) apple pie. Today is the arbitrary day that we decided to celebrate my birthday, since my real one is after our LVC year is done, and this gives us another excuse to make and eat dessert. I decided that I wanted apple pie, so Emily so graciously made one (filling from scratch, how I like it). It was good.
Here's me, the baby of the house, pretending to be 23, though I won't be for another two months.
5) opening night of Jazz in the Park. Live music, jazz, a brass band, outside, dancing, a chill atmosphere...so many good things. This will definitely become a weekly tradition.
My favorite part of the evening: as we were walking up, the band started playing their own take on Macklemore's "Thrift Shop". SO GOOD. Tonight's band was the Extra Crispy Brass Band. The whole thing brought back many good memories—the band reminded me a lot of the bands/combos my high school band director was in; the set up and style of the event made me think of listening and dancing to bands at Celebrate DePere many a Memorial Day with my family after the parade.
I can't wait for next week.
6) a lot of good conversations today.


No comments:
Post a Comment