Thursday, February 21, 2013

LPaD 8: evil

I've given up snacking for Lent.
Anytime I get hungry, particularly in the afternoon between 2pm and dinner, any sort of food (especially one of these things) looks evil to me.

Giving up snacking, though, has been going well.
I wanted to do something like fasting, but I knew given my history of anemia and my love of food that full-on fasting probably wouldn't work.  Instead, I'm eating my normal breakfast (usually oatmeal), an intentionally lighter lunch, dinner as usual, and not snacking in between.  When I do get hungry in between meals, I drink water or have a cup of tea to help tide me over.

My hunger pangs serve a purpose:
to make me think of those who experience hunger in a worse way
to remind me of the blessings I have of food and other conveniences
to help me focus on God

No comments:

Post a Comment