Thursday, February 14, 2013

servant leadership

Reality check time.

News flash: 
I'm a headstrong, stubborn young woman. 
I'm a recovering perfectionist.
(sometimes not so recovering)
I don't like failure. 
I get frustrated.
(sometimes too much)
I want too much control,
but it's not mine to have. 

In otherwords, 
I'm human
and it's always good to be reminded of that. 

you come from dust, and to dust you shall return.

I am who I am, 
but who I am 
should not hurt 
who you are,
who we are,
and
who we can be.

I am constantly learning
being reminded
taught
shepherded
loved
becoming better. 

"You must have the same attitude that Christ Jesus had."
(Philippians 2:5)

"For the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and give his life as a ransom for many." (Mark 10:45)

It's not always about what I can do.
Sometimes,
it's about how I can serve. 


At least today,
I love where I am
location, age, stage in life
because it is a safe place where I can grow and be. 


No comments:

Post a Comment