Saturday, April 6, 2013

LPaD: final reflection

I've successfully completed the UMC Lenten Photo a Day Challenge! HUZZAH!

Now that it's done, I figured I'd reflect on the experience, how I feel, and all that touchy-feely-ness.
>I never made any promises to keep up day to day, so I don't feel bad about having caught up an entire week's worth at a time once or twice.  I'm really glad I did that.
>It was fun either intentionally thinking about pictures to take or going through old pictures on my computer to find something that would fit the day's word. 
>Doing this LPaD Challenge vastly increased my number of blog posts and frequency of blogging. I don't know if I'll be able to keep up to quite that level right now, but it has shown me that it's possible and that I can do it.  I think I can legitimately say that blogging is one of my hobbies now.
>It was nice to know that I wasn't doing it alone.  I liked to follow along with the UMC Rethink Church tumblr posts, others on twitter who were taking the challenge, and my friend Liz from camp.  I enjoyed seeing the different pictures and perspectives that could all stem from the same word.
>Part of me wants to keep doing something like this.  I've had friends who've done a photo-a-day for a year thing, just by picking or taking a picture and not having a word to work from.  I'm not sure if I'm quite ready for that, but maybe I'll do a photo reflection every once in a while here on my blog.
>As this was a sort of spiritual practice, as much as I could, I made sure to not only reflect on the face value of the word and picture but figure out how it all connected to my faith or spirituality or well-being, too.  I'm glad I did that. Sometimes it was simple.  Sometimes it was a bit of a stretch.  Sometimes it was a deep pondering.  But, it was always worth it.

For anyone out there who's been reading any of my LPaD posts, thanks for joining me on this journey.  I hope it has made you think, too.


Here are some highlights who's pictures and/or reflections stand out, in my opinion. Really they're all good, but if I posted all of them that'd be a lot of work, and you're perfectly capable of sifting through all the links that are already provided by this blog layout yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment