#100happydays
day 100! (August 4)
Well, I made it folks! This is my 100th happy day in this project!
I'll write a reflection on this journey through happiness in a separate post.
For now, my happy picture.
It's been basically two years since I've seen my college roommate, Becky.
That's two years too long, if you ask me.
We had a late lunch together,
talking and laughing for a long time.
Becky and I roomed together junior and senior years, and it was a great situation for both of us in so many ways. We sort of happened upon each other randomly toward the end of our sophomore year, both on the exec board of an honors society and both looking for roommates. The coming two school years of our lives were spent enjoying great conversation together, listening to each other talk in our sleep (we both said - and sang - ridiculous things), taking care of each other when sick, working through ups and downs of relationships, having random dance parties, not caring about societal norms or popular opinions, and in general being there for each other.
Becky is now working as a case worker helping people live independently, in a nutshell.
She's pretty awesome.
Our cashier/server at Noodles even called us "awesome ladies."
Twice.
For reals.
Needless to say, we happily agreed :)

No comments:
Post a Comment