Monday, August 4, 2014

95 - moments

#100happydays

day 95 (July 30)

Tonight was my last Wednesday service at church as a resident of this town. One of the gals brought very delicious cupcakes from Piggly Wiggly. 


It didn't feel like my last time. 
I didn't cry. 
I didn't get super emotional. 
I gave extra big hugs,
packed with lots of love. 
I helped with communion. 
I got to bring my mom with me to share in this important part of my life for the past year.  
I listened.
I learned about how compassion is love in action. 
I was a part of the community in the moment, 
and I know I always will be. 

I think it wasn't so hard for me to leave because it hold tight to the knowledge that in Christ, there are no goodbyes. 


After my dad and brother got to town with the truck and we are dinner, my little bro and I had a sleepover, just like the night I moved in last August. It was a fitting conclusion to my time at my apartment, I thought, and it was fun to have him around, just the two of us. 

He read to me out of his awesome book about the periodic table. 
(Yes, my brother is an adorable nerd.)

These are moments I will treasure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment