Thursday, February 19, 2015

Alive 2/19: not on

I'm an off and on writer. I seem to go in spurts of posting to my blog, some spurts longer than others, and this is definitely one of those "on" times. 

One of the challenges I will face during this Alive Project is to not be so wordy with my blog posts all the time, especially when I write before bed. I want to stay as current as I can with posting, while still allowing myself some grace, but this will mean I need to write more efficiently so I can finish before falling asleep.

Feeling alive doesn't mean I have to always write a book. 

That being said, 
I think I felt most alive knowing that I didn't have to be "on" all day, energy wise, since I wasn't actively teaching classes.  
I was at school early to rehearse with staff for a super cool assembly Monday, but I totally was okay with being there because I knew had less responsibility for the day after rehearsing. It was really nice to have a mostly low-pressure day, 
to give myself permission to feel "off," in a good way.

Tomorrow I'm back at it again,
nose to the grindstone,
but for today,
the restfulness was good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment