Monday, September 3, 2012

Oh, just having a moment.

I'm having a moment when I'm really starting to miss the whole going back to college thing.

Seeing so many of my friends' facebook statuses about moving in, unpacking, helping with orientation; remembering that tomorrow will be opening convocation and that today is the first Wartburg College Concert Bands (WCCB) rehearsal of the year...
It's starting to really hit me.

Maybe it's also because it's Labor Day and I haven't been doing a ton.
Here's another theory: the six of us LVCers went to a birthday party of a coworker of Brittaney's.  Tori is a former LVCer, and I found out today she's a Wartburg grad who played clarinet in the WCCB!  I realized that no matter how far away I am from Wartburg, I'll always find some connection when I least expect it.  There really IS band family everywhere.

Then I remember, tomorrow I'll be shopping with Carolyn, planning for Wednesday Night Alive at All Peoples, brainstorming curriculum with Vicar Ben, and getting right back into the swing of things.
I love my friends at college, and I miss them, but my time there is done.  I can always look back at college and remember the good times and the many things I learned.
Right now, though, God has given me new opportunities to have fun, build relationships, and make positive change.
I just have to remember that.

Maybe tomorrow I'll pop in my CD from the Wind Ensemble 2010 European Tour, just for old time's sake. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment