go to back up so I don't run into the car parked in front of where I pulled over.
didn't really look before backing up.
didn't think that would matter. I was only going to move like a foot.
put the van in reverse.
then a small thump.
shoot...
young African American woman starts yelling at me repeatedly, pounding bigger THUMPs on my car.
I'm sorry, are you okay?
I sit in shock, not sure what to do.
She opens my unlocked passenger door.
"B%$&h, watch the f*!@ where you're goin'."
I will.
I drive away.
I also lock my doors.
I also lock my doors.
Toto, we sure as heck ain't in Kansas anymore.
Or Waverly. :)
ReplyDeleteYour gut told you to ask, "I'm sorry. Are you OK?" That sincere and honest and caring question no doubt kept the situation from becoming worse. Praise God the woman was OK. Angry, but OK. Lesson learned that what is behind us is as important as what is in front of us.
ReplyDelete