Sometimes I get bored when I drive. (More talk of driving, I know!!!)
I've come to enjoy listening to not only the radio and music on my phone but also podcasts of various sorts. One that I listen to most frequently is called pray-as-you-go; it's created by a Jesuit group in England. The podcasts are usually 10-15 minutes long and include some calm music, a scripture passage, and some meditative questions based on the passage. It's a great break for me on my way to school or my lunch time commute to (try to) not think about work things and just pause to spend time with God. I just admit, I am often really scatterbrained and end up thinking about other things and have to re-listen to an episode, but at least I'm trying.
Today is Thursday, but I'm a bit behind, so I was listening to Wednesday's podcast when I heard today's word:
hope.
Hope is one of my all-time favorite words. It is a strong word to which I can cling in times of stress, doubt, and fear. (Heck, I even helped name our service trip worship band in college "Hope Overflow" from Romans 15:13.)
Isaiah 40:31 can have a variety of wordings, depending on what version you're using. Whichever one the pray-as-you-go folks used, it read like this:
For those who hope in The Lord will renew their strength.
I am pretty darn exhausted, with it being the week of all my elementary winter concerts.
Through God, I can find strength to carry on.
Through the promise of God's love for humanity shown through Jesus coming to earth, I can find strength.
I can hold onto the hope of a new day dawning each morning, no matter what happened the day prior.
Hope is something you do.
How can you actively hope today?

No comments:
Post a Comment