Flood is today's word.
My first thought was,
really?
Talking about rushing water covering everything in sight, damaging property, making soil fertile, causing erosion...
IN DECEMBER?
When it's like 2 degrees outside?
What on earth am I going to take a picture of today?
Then I got an email from a parent of some of my students,
and this sentence flooded my heart with joy:
Floods can destroy.
They can demolish buildings,
wipe out habitats and civilizations,
create chaos and discord.
Floods can also wipe clean,
create a fresh start,
make room for something new and beautiful.
Sometimes life throws you a flood,
but God will make it into something beautiful.
May God flood your heart with joy and peace as we prepare for Jesus who comes to make us new.
When I send clouds over the earth, the rainbow will appear in the clouds, and I will remember my covenant with you and with all living creatures. Never again will the floodwaters destroy all life.
Genesis 9:14-15, NLT
No comments:
Post a Comment