So...I got really behind on my posts; it's the 24th today, and I'm back on day 16. Sorry about that.
The 16th was the day of my last of three winter concerts, and after that, I kind of went into let-down/shut-down mode and didn't want to do, like, anything.
This picture is of the gym at one of my schools, set up for the evening middle school band concert. The elementary concert earlier that day had the kids on stage and full rows of chairs set up in the audience.
I guess you could say it takes a strong person to do three concerts for audiences in two communities and with hundreds of kids performing. It also takes strong people to set up all the chairs, the (very heavy) risers, and the percussion equipment. It takes strong people to stand on stage in front of hundreds of audience members when nerves could get the better of them. My students are strong. My coworkers are strong (especially the band director, who also had a lot of set up and coordinating to do, too).
Above all,
my GOD is strong,
and that's where I get my strength.
The Lord is my strength and my shield; in him my heart trusts; so I am helped, and my heart exults, and with my song I give thanks to him.
Psalm 28:7 NRSV

No comments:
Post a Comment