This is the second picture for this challenge in the past four days that I've taken from my car.
(Clearly I spend a lot of time in my car...welcome to my life.)
There are a few sets of railroad tracks in my town, and one runs right through the middle. It falls amidst my drive from the intermediate school to the elementary, so if there's a train coming through between 1:52-1:55 PM, I very well might be late for my next class.
In this picture, I had to wait for a train when heading home from the elementary after school, then to turn right back around and across the tracks again to go to church.
I have learned (and am constantly learning) that there are some things in life of which I have no control. I have absolutely no control over how long, how fast, or how frequent trains are. Because of this, there really is absolutely no use in worrying or getting upset over it.
Forced pauses can be either frustrating or rather calm and peaceful.
Extra moments of unexpected waiting are opportunities — opportunities to think, reflect, pray.
Time is a gift.
May our moments be filled with peace while we wait.

No comments:
Post a Comment