peace.
it seems to be when I get a moment to myself,
to write
to reflect
to eat
to breathe.
I may live alone, but I don't get (or give myself) much time to settle down, for my brain to chill out and not be thinking about school or planning lessons or doing other work-y things.
One huge reason why I'm taking part in this photo challenge is to take time and make time to pause.
To stop, rather than to constantly go.
To write, instead of writing-off.
To ponder and process, as opposed to trudging along and pushing thoughts aside.
Peace is a beautiful thing.
It is a ray of sunshine breaking through clouds.
It is a moment of calm silence in a day full of sounds.
It is the absence of violence and conflict.
It is the harmony of a menagerie of seemingly unrelated people, working together as one for the common good.
It is a feeling of relief amidst chaos.
It is the still small voice saying "it will be okay."
It is dinner eaten by the candlelight of the Advent wreath, no matter how hurried, taking time to reflect and to chew.
Jesus said to his disciples, "Peace I leave with you. My peace I give to you. I do not give as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled, and do not be afraid."
(adapted from John 14:27)

No comments:
Post a Comment