Have I mentioned how much I love young people?
They're adorable and hilarious. :)
At the end of the day, my kindergarteners who I was taking out to the bus asked me some great, bluntly honest questions while we waited.
"Mrs. Mackey, why don't you live in a house?"
(the younger the kids are, the more likely they are to make the Mrs. mistake)
Because I moved here right before school started this year, and it's just me, so I don't need a whole house for one person.
(to be honest, I have no clue how they know/guessed that I don't live in a house...)
"You're not married?"
Nope, I'm not.
(I show my empty left hand and explain the whole left-ring-finger tradition)
"Eeewww!"
"Then why do you have a ring on that hand?"
(referring to my ring on my right middle finger)
That one I just wear because I want to.
I also had at least two or three kids mention that they saw me out walking yesterday. They said it like it was the coolest thing ever - or the strangest. I walked to two local businesses yesterday afternoon to run some errands, and I swear I wasn't outside for more than about 15 minutes total. Not only was I seen by multiple students while out walking, I also saw a slew of my students at church, as I do on a regular basis.
With a high-profile job like mine in a small town, you can't go anywhere anonymously. I think kids really don't think I have a life outside of school! It's rather amusing.
On top of all that, I think I got a compliment about my shirt in just about every single one of my classes.
"I like your shirt, Ms. Mackey!"
Thanks, I like it too, I say with a smile. That's why I wore it today.
No comments:
Post a Comment