spending some time with my baby
really brought some light back into my life.
It seriously felt SO good to play again.
I keep telling people, it's like riding a bike.
I don't have the endurance (chops or air) or range that I used to, and I'm sure my embouchure isn't perfect, but I can still play pretty well, and I'm still more than able to make beautiful sounds that make me happy to my core. The breathing it takes to play is so relaxed and open that during and after practicing, I feel so warm and happy and peaceful. Plus making beautiful music is so soothing. And playing in an acoustically echo-y sanctuary makes even the most boring long tones sound epic (and doesn't disturb my housemates).
I also like how the lights that were on in the sanctuary highlighted the chancel area and the cross.
The rest of the whole space was dark, and I decided that was all the light I needed to play (and I didn't know where the light switches were, anyway).
From the inside, the light is pretty piercing and has an almost whitewashing effect. From the outside on the other side of that stained glass, though, I bet it looks beautiful, especially in contrast to the dark night.

No comments:
Post a Comment