Saturday, March 9, 2013

t-shirts

I keep my memories in my t-shirts.

That's probably why I have so many.
Here's the stack I have in my room in MKE, not including the countless ones sitting in my house where the rest of my immediately family resides.
Each of these holds a different memory.

  • weekend recharges at Luther Park
  • the Invitation to Serve youth event with the high schoolers of All Peoples and the Greater Milwaukee Synod
  • learning about poverty at DenUM (Denver Urban Ministries) during my Human Relations class in Denver, CO
  • the young adult mission trip to New Orleans through the Greater Milwaukee Synod
  • perfecting my tie dye techniques (especially sewing shapes) at camp
  • homecomings at Wartburg
  • going to Hesed House in a suburb of Chicago to volunteer and learn about their efforts to support people experiencing homelessness and poverty
  • my Lutheran Volunteer Corps shirt that's too big because I didn't register early enough to get a smaller one even though I was in the city early and spent some quality time catching up with my friend Beth
  • my first Wartburg t-shirt that I got to finally showcase to the world where I would be attending college
  • the "Last Annual Dead Bridge Run" shirt from the run I actually didn't do because it was music festival Sunday at church so I was busy, but I still got the shirt from Mr. Boyd my gov and econ teacher so I could remember the old Claude Allouez bridge that connected the two sides of my hometown
  • LPBC summer staff inside jokes on the staff shirt
  • the Packers' Superbowl win from a few years ago, spending that time with some wonderful college friends, and borrowing a cheesehead from Pastor Brian to put on Dancing St. Francis, and having to climb up the snow banks around the statue to get it on
  • both my second and my final Hope Overflow tours
  • getting involved with Wartburg's V-Week campaigns and the Vagina Monologues
  • the many times I've done food packs with Feed My Starving Children and other similar organizations
  • the summer mission trips with my youth group from First United Pres. through Group Workcamps
  • my Orange Corps service trips shirt and all of the amazing service I was able to do on service trips with Hope Overflow and in other ways in college
  • the ELCA National Youth Gathering 2012 shirt that I got from All Peeps as our block party official volunteer shirt, even though I didn't go to the gathering but kind of wished I could've and maybe will someday
  • VBS shirts from LPBC
that's all I can think of for now. 

How do you collect memories?

No comments:

Post a Comment