day 57 (June 22)
You'll see a lot of pictures of camp-related things in the next few days, as I'm at Luther Park for the week.
Before campers arrived, I wanted to make sure I got in a good hike through the "forest" across the street from our base camp. The farm center and the forest are two of my favorite places in all of camp. Technically, I don't think forest is quite the right adjective, but it differentiates this space from Luther Woods, or "the woods," another part of camp about 40 miles or minutes north of base camp, in Birchwood. (I've only been up to the woods a handful of times, so I never remember exactly how far away it is.)
This was my "church service" this morning,
spending some quality chill time with the Creator,
enjoying the outdoors.
You'll see a lot of pictures of camp-related things in the next few days, as I'm at Luther Park for the week.
Before campers arrived, I wanted to make sure I got in a good hike through the "forest" across the street from our base camp. The farm center and the forest are two of my favorite places in all of camp. Technically, I don't think forest is quite the right adjective, but it differentiates this space from Luther Woods, or "the woods," another part of camp about 40 miles or minutes north of base camp, in Birchwood. (I've only been up to the woods a handful of times, so I never remember exactly how far away it is.)
This was my "church service" this morning,
spending some quality chill time with the Creator,
enjoying the outdoors.
the resurrection tree
my beloved farm center
the mysterious, Narnian-like pine forest,
perfect for fort-building.
two eagles (those majestic-looking specks up there)
popped out of the forest, rather low,
flew over the barn, and over to the pine forest
the new high ropes course
No comments:
Post a Comment