day 88 (July 23)
I've felt rather unproductive this week thus far,
so today,
I decided to turn that feeling around
by baking a batch of muffins.
Kyle gave me a butternut squash a while back,
and I've been wondering what to do with it.
Instead of making soup
or a dinner entree,
as I have in the past,
I found a recipe for cinnamon butternut squash muffins.
That's right.
MUFFINS.
Here's how it all went down.
![]() |
| after peeling, gutting, and cutting, cook the squash (in the microwave for 10 min worked) |
![]() |
| mash a banana |
![]() |
| mash the squash in with the banana |
![]() |
| add some applesauce (in my case, mom's homemade) |
![]() |
| then some eggs, then mix it all well. mix dry ingredients in a separate bowl (I used all white flour because I don't have whole wheat) |
![]() |
| ...and mix the dry with the wet |
![]() |
| pause momentarily for an apron selfie |
![]() |
| grease the muffin tins if you don't have muffin papers (which I'm out of) |
![]() |
| fill the muffin tins with the batter AND DON'T FORGET to sprinkle the tops with cinnamon sugar |
![]() |
| after baking for a bit, take them out of the oven and let cool on a rack |
They are pretty savory and go quite well with honey or sharp cheddar.
If you want to make these, please follow the recipe,
NOT the incomplete instructions from the picture captions.










No comments:
Post a Comment