#100happydays
day 67 (July 2)
Did a bunch of driving again today.
Usually I complain about driving across the massive, dull expanse of Iowa,
but today was different.
I love Wisconsin for its trees, rivers and lakes, often rolling hills, and bluffs.
Iowa has areas like that too, but there's also a TON of flatness and cornfields.
Today,
those elegant, far-reaching fields gave frame and definition to the clouds.
Those beautiful clouds.
Varying shades of grey and white,
sometimes thick,
sometimes whispy,
sometimes ominous,
sometimes letting the blue skies and sunshine peek through.
Always layered.
As I drove and listened to my audiobook,
I imagined myself in an airplane,
flying amidst and past the clouds.
I visualized the view of the clouds from above,
cascading layers of puffs and streaks,
speckled with bits of farmland peeking up below.
I've had the luxury of being able to see the clouds from both angles on multiple occasions.
I can't wait to fly again soon and see the uniqueness of the clouds from above.
-------------------
Not quite related,
Kyle and I went to the Iowa Ambassadors of Music concert this evening.
![]() |
| the IAM choir singing "Prayer of the Children" |
I haven't been to a higher-level music concert in a while, and there were definitely some pieces that made my heart soar. "Prayer of the Children," for example, reminded me of playing a trombone quartet arrangement of the piece in college with some good friends. I had played, sang, and heard many pieces on the program, as had Kyle. We got to catch up with some college friends afterward, one who was the band director of four of the students in the program.
It was a joy to experience such beautiful and fun music together.


No comments:
Post a Comment