Wednesday, July 2, 2014

58 - omega

#100happydays

day 58 (June 23)


This is the aftermath of the beginning of our omega this evening.  

Omega is the last letter of the Greek alphabet, and at Luther Park, it is the end-of-day devotion.  (As you can guess, alpha is the beginning-of-day, pre-breakfast devotion.)
I decided that I wanted to provide a few omega resources for my team this week, in part to help them out since it was the first week in camp for many of them, and also to help intentionally make more faith connections to music/art/drama for the kids.

Tonight, we watched a short clip from the beginning of the 2012 film version of Les Miserables.  
The scene between Valjean and the Bishop is a very powerful and relate-able illustration of grace.
A clip similar to this (but from the 1998 film) was shown on a mission trip I attended when I was in high school.  I wanted to share this with the MAD campers because 
1) it's a great dramatic/theatrical interpretation of grace, thus a great connection between faith and this week's programming focus, 
and 2) bible study today talked about sin and turning from it to live in the grace and new life that God gives us.  

It's humbling to remember and realize the power of the second chances given to us by our Creator.

For the full devotional with discussion questions, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment