day 91 (July 26)
On the seventh day of RAGBRAI, my true love said to me,
"What are YOU doing here?!"
I'm not the kind of person that plans surprises, nor am I the kind of person who pulls off surprises successfully.
I surprised myself and accomplished both today.
I met up with this wonderful guy
early this morning as he was rolling into the last town on this year's RAGBRAI route, to deliver a fresh cup of tea, some of those delicious strawberry rhubarb bars I made yesterday, and just to see him, since we hadn't gotten to do that in two weeks. We even got to have lunch together.
One of the best parts of today was seeing Kyle in his element.
He coordinated the charter for the bike shop this year, his 11th RAGBRAI. He's such a great leader, a very relational person (perfect for this job), and is so dedicated to doing his job well.
Here's just a taste of what I saw observing a bit of RAGBRAI for the first time in person.
I also got to see some other friends and make a few new ones today while I was hanging out. I'm so glad I followed through with this surprise :)
No comments:
Post a Comment