Tuesday, July 22, 2014

82 - proud

#100happydays

day 82 (July 17)

I am and always will be a camp counselor at heart.

I got to help out with my church's VBS today.  Counselors from Sugar Creek come down for the week to lead activities, bible study, songs, worship, games, and fun.  I hung out with the group for most of the day, participating in a bunch of things and hanging out with the kids, a number of whom knew me from school as well.  I really enjoy times like this when I can make church-related connections with my school kids.  It was also great to talk with the counselors, one with whom I attended Wartburg and another who plans to attend my church in Milwaukee that I worked at while in LVC.

I was the after-lunch special guest speaker today.  I talked about what I do besides just teach (work at All Peoples, be a camp counselor at Luther Park, volunteer at PDCI) and how all that relates to sharing God's love.

As a former counselor, it was so fun to see another group of counselors doing such a fantastic job, carrying on the legacy of quality, life-changing outdoor ministry.
Makes me proud.

our evening program
singing songs and sharing about the week

No comments:

Post a Comment