Sunday, July 13, 2014

78 - slippers

#100happydays 

day 78 (July 13)

Life isn't always a walk in the park,
and I'd be lying to you if I said it was. 

Today was just an okay kind of day, and it ended rough. 

It sucks to have something you love to do create so much pain. 
I played violin for church this morning,
and because of that,
I spent the greater part of my day with my entire left arm hurting. 
It. Sucks. 

For the next few days, 
I will likely live on the cusp of pain, 
teetering at the edge of a threshold,
not in great agony yet,
but only ever one small move away from falling into a downward spiral of hurt,
physically and mentally. 

This is how my life is sometimes. 
I hate it. 
Sometimes, I just learn to live with it. 
I am thankful such episodes are fewer and further between than earlier in my life, during my college years. 

On days when I have great pain,
zero motivation to do things,
and a fear of doing anything that might cause the pain to worsen (which is just about everything, as arms and hands and shoulders are used a lot in day to day activity),
I can find joy in the colorful-ness of my slippers,
and be thankful that my legs and feet work just fine. 

I just lay on my bed, 
flat on my back, 
and listen to movies and TV shows on the internet
(that I cannot easily watch because of positioning and trying to reduce pain)
while wearing my awesome slippers that I tie dyed myself a few weeks ago. 

No comments:

Post a Comment