#100happydays
day 89 (July 24)
This morning I went on a bike ride.
Like, a real bike ride.
This wasn't just another case of me using my bike as a means to get to a destination.
Today's ride was my sole purpose in leaving my apartment.
I rode for the sake of riding.
I rode to exercise.
I never go out of my way to just exercise for the sake of exercising. I usually multi-task, conveniently exercising while having a different intended purpose, like going to the library or seeing how much the river has flooded down on the island.
Nope.
Not today.
I rode almost 6 miles in about 37 minutes.
Okay, I will confess, though exercise was my main purpose for riding,
it was not the only one.
I discovered where the rest of a trail went that I'd been wanting to explore,
and using this clever app called Charity Miles,
I donated 4.78 meals to Feeding America (provided everything worked all right).
Not only do I feel good about biking for my health,
I can feel good about helping out other people, too.
It's a win-win situation.


No comments:
Post a Comment