day 43 (June 8)
So if you know me at all, you know I love music.
If you know me a little better, you know that I love theater, too.
The only awards show that I really care about is the Tony's, awarding the year's stars in the field of on-stage live theater. I rarely watch TV (I'm borrowing this ancient one), but tonight I reveled in the three-ish hours of celebrities, humor, drama, costumes, and incredible music.
Hugh Jackman hosted this year (which was a fantastic choice, if you ask me). One of his random in-between-categories shticks was talking about his history in musical theater, including when he was in a production of Meredith Willson's The Music Man growing up in Australia. He then proceeded to break into the first song of the show that's sung by all the travelling salesmen on the train.
Then he decided that the song kind of sounded like a rap...and here's where it escalated:
Hugh Jackman,
The Music Man (which happens to be one of my favorite musicals and movies EVER),
and rap.
I WAS ABSOLUTELY GIDDY WATCHING THIS.
so. much. awesome.
This moment made my night.
No comments:
Post a Comment