Thursday, June 12, 2014

45 - keys

#100happydays

day 45 (June 10)

As of today, I can officially announce that I will not be teaching at my same two school districts next year. I have accepted a position teaching K-5 general music at a school in north central WI. It has been a valuable and wild ride this year, and I am so thankful for the opportunity to be a part of my multiple school communities. I am also excited for this new adventure!

In terms of cleaning and wrapping up this school year, it means I have to be fully checked out of both schools.

Today I turned in my keys to my morning school. Between my three buildings, I had seven keys and one door-opening fob. After this morning, I was down to four and the fob. Tomorrow I'll turn in the rest. 

I know I'll come back to visit sometime, but it is weird knowing that I won't be rolling my wheeled briefcase down these blue halls anymore. 

I'm glad that I got to have a nice, slow, calm morning hanging out in the office tying up loose ends. I spent lots of time talking with our amazing front office lady. She and I have become great friends over the year, and it's sad to leave. I had a good opportunity for some quality conversations with many office staff today, making goodbyes a little easier since they weren't all rushed and on Friday. 

Also, 
You know you're a general music teacher when...you have a Halloween bucket full of recorders in your car that you're bringing back to school after running them through the dishwasher to sanitize them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment