Saturday, June 7, 2014

Tie dye week

warning: MAJOR selfie alert  :)

Even as a teacher, a grown up with a real job, 
I still carry out a camp tradition each week:
I wear tie dye every Tuesday. 
Yes,
EVERY Tuesday. 
My students who see me on Tuesdays know to look for it.

As inspired by my 7th graders, this week I decided to wear tie dye everyday.  
Why not?  
It's the last week of school, so it's a good way to celebrate! 
I have enough "nice" tie dye to still be mostly professional-looking, too.  I made sure I took care making plenty of dressier tie dye clothes while I was working at camp, knowing that I would need some options for when I started teaching.

Day 1: guitar

Day 2: eighth notes

Day 3: headband 
(I didn't make this one - found it at the grocery store! It's a nice alternative for when I don't want an entire shirt full of popping color.  In cooler weather, I have a tie dye scarf I use in a similar manner, as more of an accent piece.)

Day 4: diagonal stripes 
(this was my first "dressy" tie dye, made during my first summer at camp)

Day 5: triple-spiral dress
(I don't have a full length mirror, so this was the best I could do to get the full dress shot.)

No comments:

Post a Comment